Also known as "Firmware Updater" and "Firmware Upgrader"
FirmInstaller is the latest firmware install program from Roland for Printers. It is often included in Firmware bundles for user-side updates. Roland seems to be renaming the binary each time they upgrade the utility, with previous versions havng been called "Firmware Updater" and "Firmware Upgrader".
There are currently four ways to update firmware on Roland printers:
- PECK - dealer-side updates on new hardware burns
- Dropout - user-side upgrades. Also used also on the Roland ASD machines
- VersaWorks - user-side online updating
- FirmInstaller - user-side offline bundles
- Firmware Updating: firmware_updating.pdf
- FirmInstaller Users Manual: firminstaller_users_manual.pdf
- Firmware Updater: firmware_updater.pdf